Sunday, September 20, 2009

We're coming home!

Us with missionary, Gracia Burnham

Yesterday after going into extra innings, the Naturals lost playoffs. It was very sad. The guys did very well in playoffs, but.... thats how it goes!

This morning our church had a guest speaker, Gracia Burnham. Her and her husband were kidnapped and held hostage for 1 year in the Phillippines by an Islamic terrorist group. Her husband was killed, but she lived and is able to tell their story. It was AMAZING. I can't wait to get her book. We talked with her afterwards. She is such a sweetheart. It was very inspiring. I would highly recommend looking her up!
Now, after many months the baseball season is over! Jeff and I packed all afternoon. Next year I am bringing much less! We have so much stuff in our little room. It is so sad packing. We just have absolutely loved it here. We have started to say our goodbyes to friends :( We are excited though for the fall. Tomorrow we are leaving to drive to Arizona. I think it is like 19 hours. We will leave our car at a friend's house and fly home to Lancaster. It will be so nice to just rest and visit with friends and family. We will stay home for 10 days and then fly back to Arizona so Jeff can report for Fall league. Right now its hard to even think about being home beacuse so much has to happen as far as packing and traveling before we get there. We will got back to AZ the 3rd adn Jeffs birthday is the 5th. This will be the first year I have EVER spent his birthday with him! I can't wait. It will be nice to celebrate his birthday at home too.
Cant wait to see you all that are home in Lancaster!
Thanks for all your prayers this season. We have so much to be thankful for. God is good and has taught us so much this season in difficult times and happy times.

No comments:

Post a Comment