Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sophie, our morkie!



found the perfect place to nap!
yum... pork!

I hated every second of my first bath!

I love to run and slide across the bottom of the table and shoot off the other side!



Sunday we picked up Sophie, our Maltese/Yorkie mix. We feel so blessed for never meeting her before we bought her and getting the most wonderful dog. She just has the sweetest personality. She is so loving and just wants to play and have us hold her all the time! She is a quick learner and very smart! The first day we did think, wow, this is a lot harder than we thought! Sophie must not of had any prior potty training from the breeder and her cluelessness was frustrating. I had read so many books on puppies and dog training, I guess I thought this all will be a piece of cake. I was wondering, why isn't Sophie exactly like the dog in the book? haha. We soon learned it was going to be a process and Sophie doesn't do exactly what the books say. The first night she barked and whined most of the night in her crate. I laid awake thinking, holy cow, what were we thinking?! Since then we have had no regrets! The first day was a little rough with her adjusting, but the second night she slept the whole night through without a peep! She also has picked up house training pretty well after only 3 1/2 days. This morning she even went to the door and rang the bell on the door that she had to go out and then went out to the bathroom! We get so excited over every little sign of progress Sophie makes! (can you tell!? haha!) I asked Jeff yesterday if he thinks a lot about not playing this season and he said, honestly, Sophie has kept us so busy I haven't really thought about being bummed. So anyhow, Sophie is bringing so much joy to our lives and we feel so blessed to have her! We also have met so many people in our complex because nobody can resist her. Yes, she is way more work than we realized, but hopefully she will turn out to be worlds best dog! As they say, there are no bad dogs, just bad owners! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment