Tuesday, January 26, 2010

it's been awhile...

Lookout at my Uncle and Aunt's lake house in Troy, PA (thanksgiving)


Cousin lovin!

Us with our friends Missy and Cody at PAO in Dallas, TX

My whole family together!

Jeff and I made a gingerbread house!

Fun times with our best friends on New Years Eve

Enjoying Christmas at my Grandparents house in Troy, PA. (my cousin's dog, not ours!)

Snow!


Jeff made his famous lasagna for our anniversary!
krystin and I on her WEDDING DAY!



Celebrating my birthday a month ahead of time, so I can celebrate at home (my parents had a luncheon with jeffs parents, bruce and vicki zurbrick, and jas and ang)


Hello!

Wow, so much has happened since I have written last! I cant believe we are leaving for Spring traning already! Let me fill you in on the off-season... in a nut shell!

AZ fall league was a blast, but we were ready to come home! On the drive home we found out that Jeff got put on the 40 man roster! http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=kc I copied this from Wikipedia because most people say, "thats great, but what's that?!

"....Each Major League Baseball team maintains both a 25-man roster and a 40-man roster of players. Players on the 25-man roster are eligible to play in official major league games throughout the season. The 40-man roster includes the players on the 25-man roster plus as many as 15 players who are either on the team's 15-day disabled list (see below) or who are in the team's minor league system. From September 1 through the end of the regular season, any player on the 40-man roster (also referred to as the "expanded roster") is eligible to play in an official regular season game. Many young players make their Major League debuts in this way, as "September call-ups". Players must be on a team's 25-man roster as of August 31 to be eligible for post-season play. The only exception is that a player on the 60-day disabled list may be replaced by another player from the team's 40-man roster (as of August 31) who plays the same position."
We love being home for the off-season, but it is sometimes hard to get a chance to breath. We have a list of things to get done, and I am still working on them and we are leaving! I have no idea where time went. It has been wonderful being home and spending time with friends and family. We just love getting to sit in our house and be home!

Jeff has been busy doing workouts everday. He lifts in the morning with his trainer and then goes to B2B in Manheim to run, throw and field in the afternoon. He painted his parents upstairs this off season for a job and I cleaned coorporate bathrooms temporarily and did some babysitting. We just tried to find whatever we could, because nobody was really hiring for 2 months.

Right after we got home from AZ we went to Texas for PAO (Professional Athletes Outreach). It is a conference for professional baseball players and their wives to help them grow in their faith and learn how to handle the baseball life as a Christian. It was so much fun and great to see old friends and make new! http://www.pao.org/

Jeff also attended MLB rookie development program for 4 days in D.C. The hightlight for Jeff was the first night when police escorted their bus to give a tour around D.C and get a tour of the east wing of the white house! Jeff really enjoyed the conference and learned a lot. The conference is supposed to take up and coming MLB prospects and get them ready for the Bigs. http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/pa/programs/rookie.jsp

On Wednesday nights Jeff taught the 5th and 6th grade boys with my dad, and 2 other guys at our church program called Pioneer Clubs. I was on the Pioneer Clubs committee that overseas the program. The program is for preschool to 6th grade kids.

My best friend, Becca Zurbrick, just left for Uruguay to be a missionary. I am so excited for her, but it has been a really hard transition for me to see my best friend move to another country. This off season has been great to spend lots of time with her before she left.

It was so nice to have winter break from Penn State. I just started up classes 2 weeks ago. I am taking 6 credits this semester, Work and Occupations (soc. class) and Enviromental Protection (lab). I think at this rate I'll definitely be able to graduate by fall of 2011. Just gotta keep pushing on! I take about 15 credits a year, and it doesn't sound like much, but with our lifestyle it keeps me super busy.

Last week I was in our friends, Chris and Krystin McConnell's wedding. Jeff was supposed to be in it too, but he had the MLB conference to go to. Chris is also a short stop for the KC Royals. They are such awesome friends that we have made through baseball. The wedding was incredible and I felt so blessed to be in it!

Quick update... my back problems have been kinda diagnosed, and I feel like I have a plan of attack. If you think of it, please pray that God will bring healing and I will be diligent in my physical therapy.

If you want to check some sights out... Jeff was on the news last week and this week. Last's weeks only comes up as a slide show though for some reason. http://www.wgal.com/video/22349101/index.html and
http://www.wgal.com/slideshow/22221570/detail.html?taf=lan
and http://www.wgal.com/video/22360423/index.html

Jeff and I just started a schedule that if followed daily has you read the Bible in a year. Keep us accountable! Ask us if we are doing our daily reading, and if not, give us a kick in the pants... seriously! I really hope we follow through with it. So far it has been awesome.

Jeff and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on January 5th!!!
That was the offseason in a nut shell. We are both so pumped for the baseball season! It's great to be home, but I'm ready for the next adventure. God has been so faithful in the past and has always gone ahead of us and provided, so we know he will in the future even when life seems uncertain!

Love you all.... xoxo...

No comments:

Post a Comment